Today, I’m pleased to announce a new Event Mode feature in Prismata: Blitz Brawl.
As we approach Prismata’s Beta release, we’ll be running an increasingly busy event schedule. One new event that we’re adding is something we’re calling Blitz Brawl. Here’s the scoop:
- Blitz Brawl is a 1-hour free-for-all Prismata event consisting entirely of 6-second bullet games.
- Players can start and stop at any time, but the goal is to accumulate as many wins as possible over 60 minutes.
- Each win is worth 1 point. Draws are worth 0.1 points each.
- Blitz Brawl will run automatically twice each week from 9:00pm-10:00pm ET on Wednesdays and 2:00pm-3:00pm ET on Saturdays.
- The first Blitz Brawl will occur at 9:00pm ET tonight!
I’ll be participating too! Check for streams of this week’s Blitz Brawls on twitch.tv/lunarchstudios.
There will be several prize giveaways after the Brawl. All players are eligible!
- Victory Prize: The overall winner will receive 1000 Shards and a “Blitz Brawl Champion” badge.
- Participation Prize: A random participant with at least 1 point will receive 8 Omnipower Cores.
- Raffle Prizes: Several other random prizes will be drawn. Each brawl win will contribute one “raffle ticket” toward these prizes, so score as many wins as you can, even if you don’t think you can make it to the top of the leaderboard! Raffle prizes will include:
- 800 Shards
- 50 Infusions
- 5 Omnipower Cores
Any collusion or cheating is strictly forbidden and will disqualify participants from receiving prizes.
Update on Achievements
Over 80 Prismata Achievements have been fully enabled, with more to come. We’ve been tweaking them quite a bit over the past couple of days but they should be pretty stable from this point forward. Thanks to everyone who helped test them out and submitted bug reports! You guys rock!!
Achievements are available in both the Steam and non-Steam versions of Prismata.
As I mentioned before, we’ll be running a series of short one-day tourneys over the next few months—a “pre-season” for the Prismata Beta World Championship. These tourneys, unrelated to the Blitz Brawls, will consist of Swiss-style pairings under a variety of rulesets. As with the Blitz Brawls, there will be prizes for the winners and raffle prizes for all other participants. All skill levels are welcome.
As a preliminary announcement, I’d like to mention that the first pre-season tourney will run this Sunday, December 11 2016, at 2:00pm ET. More info (and signup) coming soon; check our blog in about 24 hours.
Steam Launch, Casual Match, and More
The next few weeks will be very busy as we’ll be debuting Prismata’s official Steam store page in preparation for our Early Access launch. We’ll also be mailing all Kickstarter supporters tomorrow to tell them about our Steam Beta, Achievements, Blitz Brawls, and pre-season tourneys. I’ll be streaming Prismata on our twitch page tonight, tomorrow, and throughout the weekend. Later this month, we’ll be launching Casual Match mode, which will be the final new feature (other than the campaign) to be added to Prismata before the beta milestone. We’re incredibly excited and we hope you are too!